Monday, November 14, 2005

Celtic Wisdom


Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there...
I do not sleep. I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—I am not there...
I did not die...

Take the world nice and easy, and the world will take you the same

May love and laughter light your days,and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your worldwith joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours!

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Do not take the thatch from your own roof to buy slates for another man's house.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

A little fire that warms is better than a big fire that burns.

The magic of Christmas lingers onThough childhood days have passed
Upon the common round of life A Holy Spell is cast

Wisdom is the comb given to a man after he has lost his hair.

Three best to have in plenty - sunshine, wisdom and generosity.

You'll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Though wisdom is good in the beginning, it is better at the end.

Men are like bagpipes - no sound comes from them until they are full.

No comments: